Collection of Information
We collect the following types of information:
(A) Personal Information that You Provide
- In general, we collect Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily through Hooked. We also collect information that you submit in the process of creating or editing your account and user profile on Hooked. For example, our registration and login process requires you to provide us with your name, valid e-mail address, password, University, and cell phone number (optional).
- Use of some of our services may require you to provide a delivery or shipping address. When you personalize your profile and use the features of Hooked, we will collect any information you voluntarily provide, and we may also request optional information to support your use of Hooked, such as your year of birth, gender and other demographic information. We collect information in the form of the content that you submit during your use of Hooked, such as photos, reviews, ratings, location and other information you choose to submit.
- We may also collect information about you and your friends who use Hooked from any social network you may have connected from, in order to provide you with a more personalized experience. For instance, we may collect your user name or profile information that you have permitted to be displayed through Hooked in order to display you as a friend or in association with your profile and connections.
- When you sign up for, or win, any contests, sweepstakes or other activities that we make available on Hooked, we will collect the information designated along with such activity, which may include contact information such as your address and phone number.
- If you choose to sign up to receive information about products or services that may be of interest to you, we will collect your e-mail address and other related information. Additionally, we collect any information that you voluntarily enter, including Personal Information, into any postings, comments or forums within the Hooked community.
(B) Personal Information from Other Sources
- We may receive Personal Information about you from other sources with which you have registered or interacted, companies who we have partnered with (collectively, “Partners”) or other third parties. We may associate this information with the other Personal Information we have collected about you.
(C) E-mail and E-mail Addresses
- If you send an e-mail to us, or fill out our “Feedback” form through Hooked, we will collect your e-mail address and the full content of your e-mail, including attached files, and other information you provide. We may use and display your full name and e-mail address when you send an e-mail notification to a friend through Hooked or the social network from which you have connected to Hooked (such as in an invitation, or when sharing your content).
- Additionally, we may use your e-mail address to contact you on behalf of your friends (such as when someone sends you a personal message) or to send notifications from a social network or other website with which you have registered to receive such notifications. We may also use your e-mail address to contact you for things such as notifications of any offers we deem worthy, and other related information. You may indicate your preference to stop receiving further promotional communications as further detailed below.
- Push Notifications
- We may send you push notifications to your phone based on preferences, location and/or business exclusive offers. They may be used to contact you and you have the option to turn off the notifications through the “settings” option in the application.
- Push Notifications
(D) Information Collected Via Technology
- An Internet protocol address, or “IP Address,” is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. In some cases your IP Address stays the same from browser session to browser session; but if you use a consumer internet access provider, your IP Address probably varies from session to session. “Cookies” are small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing the site. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience with Hooked.
- Persistent Cookies can be removed by following your Internet browser “help file” directions. In order to use our services offered through Hooked Web Site, your web browser must accept Cookies. If you choose to disable Cookies, some aspects of Hooked may not work properly, and you may not be able to receive our services. You can manage your cookie preferences via your browser settings (see <a href="http://www.aboutcookies.org" target="_blank">http://www.aboutcookies.org</a> for more information)
(E) Mobile & Location Information
- If you use mobile-enabled services provided by Hooked, such as any Hooked mobile application made available by us, we may receive information about your use of our services and location data from your mobile device while you use our applications or services. This may also include information about your precise location if you have enabled location-based services on your mobile device.
- Certain applications or services may also require additional information collection, such as information to be sent when you are not logged into Hooked for alerts services, and the terms of such collection will be identified when you subscribe to or sign up for such services or applications.
(F) Social Media Information
- Certain information you post or provide through Hooked that is made available through public social media profiles such as your name, profile, city, school, email, comments, collections and reviews, may be used by Hooked or shared with other users and posted on publicly available portions of Hooked, including without limitation, social media applications and other public forums in which you choose to participate.
- Please bear in mind that if you choose to disclose Personal Information when posting comments or other information or content through Hooked, this information may become publicly available and may be collected and used by others, including people outside the Hooked community.
- Please also be aware that if you choose to share or tweet Offers or your purchases, they will become publicly available on the Facebook and Twitter websites. It is up to you to make sure you are comfortable with the information you choose to provide us and the information you choose to publish. We will not have any obligations to screen, correct or withhold any information or content, with respect to any information that you post to parts of Hooked that is specifically available to others. UMT recommends that you exercise caution when giving out personal information to others through any social media networks or otherwise.
(G) Feedback Information
(H) Use and Disclosure of Information
- In general, Personal Information and other information you submit or share with us is used for the following purposes by Hooked :
- To enable your access to our services;
- To provide, maintain, protect, develop and improve Hooked
- To fulfill your requests for products and services;
- To customize the content and advertisements you receive from us and our trusted partners;
- To offer you additional information, opportunities, promotions and functionality from us or on our behalf, or from our partners or our advertisers at your request.
- We may provide your Personal Information to third-party service providers or affiliates who work on behalf of or with us to provide some of the services and features of Hooked and to help us communicate with you.
- Examples of such services include sending e-mail, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, voucher management services, processing payments (including credit card payments) and providing customer service.
- We limit information provided to the aforementioned affiliate and third party service providers to the extent necessary for them to provide the services and require such service providers to promise not to use such information except as necessary to provide the relevant services to us.
- We use Google Analytics and the services of a private contractor, N’torus technologies, to better understand how visitors interact with our site. This service provides non-personally identifiable data including but not limited to data on where visitors came from, what actions they took on our site and where visitors went when they left our site. If you would like to learn more about this service, or about choices to opt out from it, please click here.
- We may disclose your Personal Information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on us; or (b) to protect and defend our rights or property, you, or third parties. You hereby consent to us sharing your Personal Information under the circumstances described herein.
(I) Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
- We offer you choices regarding the collection, use and sharing of your Personal Information. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. When you receive promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further promotional communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in any promotional e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you use Hooked services provided through mobile devices, you may have additional choices, including over whether location services are enabled. Additionally, if you use other social media services in connection with Hooked, the providers of these services may provide you with additional choices concerning the types of data shared with Hooked.
(J) Third Party Advertising and Sites
- We also engage in remarketing to market our sites, products and services or those of our trusted advertising partners across the web: when a user visits our site, a Cookie is dropped on the user, and advertising networks may deliver targeted advertisements to users with this Cookie. We do not share any of your Personal Information with our remarketing ad networks or advertisers.
- You have choices about third-party advertising: both the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance allow you to opt out from online behavioral advertising by their participating companies.
- Hooked may contain links to other websites or may make third-party applications available to our users.
- Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other websites or applications. We encourage our users to read the privacy statements of each and every website they visit or application they use.
- We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Even though we have taken significant steps to protect your Personal Information, no company, including us, can fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information.
(L) Children’s Personal Information
- Hooked does not direct its promotional efforts, its website, or its mobile applications to children under the age of thirteen. We market related products or services for purchase by adults. We require registered users of the site to be at least eighteen years old, and to receive some services and or promotions, a UMT consumer must be twenty one (21) years of age.
- Protecting the privacy of children is very important. If we obtain actual knowledge that a registered user is under eighteen, we will promptly delete information associated with such account. By using Hooked, you are representing that you are at least eighteen years old.
(M) Access to Personal Information
- You have the right to request a copy of the Personal Information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com. We may charge a reasonable fee for this service. We want to make sure that your information is accurate and up-to-date. You may ask us to correct or remove information that you think is inaccurate.
- You may change any of your profile information by editing it in your profile settings.
Personal or other information about you collected on Hooked sites and services may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Hooked or its affiliates, subsidiaries and services providers maintain facilities.
- Hooked complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of information from European Union Member Countries. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, please visit the Safe Harbor Website.
- If you object to any such changes, you must cease using Hooked. Continued use of Hooked following notice of any such changes shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.
How to Contact Us