terms & conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY.
These official rules (the “Official Rules”) Are a Contract. Read them carefully before entering.
1. Description. The HOOKED Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is a sweepstakes that provides entrants (each, an “Entrant” or “you”) who are enrolled in a U.S college or university a chance to win the prize(s) described on the web page (each a “Prize”).
2. Sponsor. This Promotion is sponsored by Hooked (“Hooked” or “Sponsor”). Hooked has partnered with the brands listed (each, a “Prize Provider”) to provide the Prizes for this Promotion.
3. Entry Periods/ Deadline to Enter. The entry period begins on 12/1/2017 on or about 8:00a.m PST, and ends on 12/10/2017 at 11:59p.m PST (the “Entry Period”).
4. Eligibility. The Promotion is open to legal residents of the fifty United States (“U.S”) and the District of Columbia who are enrolled in a U.S college or university and have reached the age of majority in the states of residence as of the date of entry. Employees of Hooked and Prize Provider, and members of their immediate families, are not eligible to enter. The Promotion is void where prohibited by law.
5. How to Enter.
To enter this Promotion, enter your first name, last name, email and city during the Entry Period and follow the onscreen instructions that will require you to: (1) complete the entry form in its entirety by providing all required information, (2) submit your entry form in accordance with the on screen instructions (the “Initial Entry”), and (3) click the link in the validation email (the “Validation Email”) that will be sent to you at the email address provided in your Initial Entry, and you will automatically earn one (1) entry into the Promotion. Limit one (1) Initial Entry per person.
6. Odds. The actual odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
7. Disqualification. If an Entrant is found to be ineligible, an entry form is not complete, or an entry or otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules, then such Entrant will be disqualified. If a Prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable or unclaimed, this will result in disqualification. Without limiting any other remedies available to Hooked in law or equity, Hooked may also disqualify or prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Promotion or winning a Prize if, at its sole discretion, it determines that the Entrant has violated these Official Rules or has threatened or is attempting to undermine the operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair or fraudulent playing practices.
No more than the advertised number of prizes shall be awarded. The prize is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified herein. Prize details and availability are subject to change. The prize will only be awarded if properly claimed according to these Official Rules. All costs and expenses related to the prize acceptance, the prize, and/or prize use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of winner(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are:
9. How the winners will be determined. Winners will be selected in a random drawing from all Eligible Entries received during the Entry Period. The drawing will be conducted by Hooked. An “Eligible Entry” is one in which all required fields have been completed correctly and is otherwise in compliance with these Official Rules. Hooked may require winner(s) to sign a publicity release and/or verification paperwork re-confirming their eligibility and their ability to participate and/or accept a Prize as a condition of a winner receiving a prize. Hooked may also perform background checks at its discretion before an official winner is announced. In the event an Entrant is deemed ineligible or disqualified for any reason under the provisions of these Official Rules, then an alternate winner will be selected via a random drawing from among all Eligible Entries received during the Entry Period, if time permits.
10. Notification of Winners. The winner(s) will be selected and notified within one week after the contest is complete. The selected winners will be notified by email via the email address provided in the entry form. The potential winner will have forty eight (48) hours from the moment such notification is issued to respond to such notification by following the instructions provided therein. If a potential winner timely responds to such notification, Hooked may then (in its sole discretion) send an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release by email, which must be completed, signed and returned within forty-eight (48) hours of issuance. Additionally, Hooked may require a potential winner to return a signed W-9 form. If the potential winner does not reply to the notifications within the specified time frames, the Entrant may be disqualified, in which case, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternative winner will be selected in accordance with these Official Rules. If a prize winner is unable to redeem the prize for any reason, Hooked may select an alternative winner and no substitute prize will be offered.
11. Delivery of Prizes. Prizes will be delivered within 60 days upon completion of contest.
12. Taxes and Expenses. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to Hooked, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, related fees, other costs or expenses related to prize acceptance and use not specified herein, regardless of whether such prize is used in whole or in part. Each winner must provide Hooked with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from Hooked will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS. All expenses not specifically included, including but not limited to all federal, state, local or other tax liabilities or other expenses related to the acceptance, use and/or redemption of the Prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
13. Additional Prize Conditions. Hooked is not responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions, or any act or omission of any third person with respect to the Prize. If a winner is unable to redeem their Prize, Hooked and Prize Provider shall not be responsible for providing a replacement or substitute Prize. Prizes are not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable for cash and must be accepted as awarded. For all Prizes, Hooked reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value No substitution shall be permitted except at the sole discretion of Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a Prize with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value. Gift cards are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer, including without limitation, expiration dates. By participating in this Promotion, Entrants understand and agree that they may be subject to any additional policies, terms and conditions placed on the Promotion by the Prize Provider. The Prize Provider is solely responsible for any Prize provided and you acknowledge that Hooked has no obligation whatsoever with respect to such Prize. Any and all warranties and guarantees are subject to the respective manufacturer’s terms.
ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND HOOKED DOES NOT MAKE (AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR) ANY REPRESENTATIONS, GUARANTEES, OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATING TO ANY PRIZE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
14. General Conditions. Hooked and Prize Provider are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, undelivered or garbled entries or for human, mechanical, electronic, network, or typographical errors otherwise relating to or in connection with the Promotion. Hooked and Prize Provider are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by tampering, hacking or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion. Hooked and Prize Provider are not responsible for injury or damage to Entrants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Promotion or website, who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Hooked, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
ANY ATTEMPT DELIBERATELY TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, HOOKED RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
15. Governing Law/Disputes. The Promotion and these Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of California applicable to contracts made and performed entirely in California and where the relevant contacts are with such state. As a condition of participating in this Promotion, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or the Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and exclusively by the appropriate Federal or state courts located in the Los Angeles, California area. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees. Entrants waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages and participants further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
17. Publicity Grant. Winner(s), by acceptance of a Prize (except where prohibited), grant permission for Hooked and Prize Provider and their designees to use the winner’s name and prize information as part of the winner’s list (described below), and for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
18. Termination or Modification of the Promotion. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, technical reasons and/or other reasons beyond the reasonable control of Hooked which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or fulfillment of the Promotion, Hooked reserves the right to terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. Hooked may, in their sole discretion, elect to select the winner by conducting a random drawing from those eligible entries received up to the time of the termination/suspension.
19. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Hooked and the Prize Provider (the “Released Parties”) are not responsible or liable for illegible, lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, or undeliverable entry or email; or for any human error, computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/web site/use net accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, or any technical, typographical, or other error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, or technical error or for any inability to access the website, transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or lost due to computer malfunction or traffic congestion. Entrants, by participating, agree and hereby release the Released Parties from any liability whatsoever for, and hold the Released Parties harmless from and against all claims and damages or liability arising in connection with your participation and/or entry in the Promotion and/or their receipt or use of any Prize awarded in this Promotion or due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any Prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity or participation in this Promotion.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: You understand that the foregoing release covers all claims or possible claims of every nature and kind and all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California.
Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Promotion is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Promotion.
END OF OFFICIAL RULES
UMeTime Corp. All Rights Reserved.